Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 June 2015

Fasting VS ARVs

About two weeks ago, I joined the rest of the church in a one week fast. It wasn’t easy cause we had to break after evening prayers which usually ended after 7pm. Yes so imagine, while I had to starve my flesh of food, I was feeding my spirit with the word of God. In serious cases, congregates can stretch for a month long fast or even pull for 40 days and 40 nights fasting just like Jesus. Remember?

Image taken from youtube.com


Now today, something crossed my mind, and I certainly hope you will help out. During that church fast weeks ago, how did people taking antiretrovirals and multivitamins go about it? In most cases, it is a requirement that these pills are taken with water or food. Common to most religions, fasting starts from dawn to dusk. Is it healthy for someone on HIV treatment to fast every day for weeks to fulfil spiritual and religious obligations?

No comments:

Post a Comment